This procedure must be performed anytime an oil pump is removed and reinstalled to ensure
proper oil pump function. It has been observed that some TC-88 engines are experiencing oil
in the air cleaner when the vehicle is driven at high speeds. The correction for this condition is
to align the oil pump using the EVO tappet block alignment screws, P/N HD- 33443.
1. Loosen all pump assembly mounting screws
2. Remove two screws diagonal to each other
3. Install tappet block alignment screws in these two positions, jack the rear wheel off the
ground and torque alignment screws to 40 in. lbs. while turning the rear wheel in sixth gear
with the spark plugs removed.
4. Torque the remaining screws
5. Remove alignment screws
6. Install previously removed screws and torque